Friday, March 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I woke up this morning to this beautiful sight:




I think I'm the only person in Cleveland who is actually enjoying this snow. I mean, I know people are ready for spring, I am too, but spring IS just around the corner and it's March... we always get snow in March, why are people surprised by this? I actually don't mind the snow at all today. I mean, look how beautiful it is! Granted if I was out driving in it my feelings would be a bit different I'm sure.

Thankfully there is nowhere Immanuel and I really need to be today. Yesterday our toilet broke. Yeah, like broke broke. It just decided to stop working. The maintenance guy said it needed a new part and he couldn't have it fixed until the next morning. So we headed to mom and dad's and camped out there for the night. It was fun, we stayed up watching old home videos. There's nothing like watching home videos to really put life into perspective and make you realize how far you have come. And it really makes me appreciate my family even more. To think wow... we have been through SO much together. They know me better than anyone. I watch those videos and can't believe I was that small. It's so weird to watch yourself and see personality traits that are still there today. I still do that same certain facial expression and have the same "bossiness" (as my family likes to call it) as I did when I was 4! Haha. In one of the videos, when I was like 5, dad kept telling us to move out of the way because we kept blocking the camera's view and I turned and yelled, "daddy, stop telling us to move!" Boy I told him! Ha, I guess I never liked people telling me what to do, thus me being the boss of my own business. I guess God gives you certain personality traits for a reason.

So back to the snow... I love being at mom and dad's when it's snowing because of all the big windows. Our apartment has like no windows to sit and watch the snow fall and I hate that. And being able to work from home definitely has it's perks!



One of my very favorite things to do is just sit with a hot drink and watch the snow. I'm a firm believer that you have to make the most of where you live and enjoy every season fully. I am constantly hearing people complain about the weather no matter what the season (except fall, I'm pretty sure everyone loves fall). In summer they complain it's too hot... in winter is never ending complaints about the snow, and spring is too rainy. When people complain about the heat in summer it drives me crazy! We live in Ohio, it's not that hot! Enjoy it while it lasts because before you know it you'll be complaining about the cold and snow again... Sigh...I try to not complain (too much, I'm sure it slips out here and there ;) about the weather of the season and just make the most of it. Why be miserable about something you can't control? I personally love snow. There is nothing better than getting the house all nice and clean, lighting some candles, getting cozy with a hot drink and some blankets and just sit in peace and watch the snow fall. Mmmmm seriously, what is more relaxing than that? You have to find the good in every season of you life. There is always good. I feel so blessed to live in an environment that has all four seasons. When I see something as beautiful as the delicate snow falling in winter, or the first flower in spring, or the colors of fall, or the feel of grass on my feet in the summer it reminds me of how much God loves us. He created all this beauty for us to enjoy. Nature is truly amazing.

So, I believe a walk through the winter wonderland and some hot chocolate is definitely on the agenda for the evening! Probably a movie and some popcorn as well :)

2 comments:

Brittany Tally said...

aww great post, Steph. And good for you! That's wonderful that you try to enjoy every season. Take it from someone like me who doesn't have snow. I really miss is! Don't ever take it for granted! There aren't too many things more beautiful in this world then snow falling.

Tiffany said...

I'm soooo jealous! I love snow more than anything. Although, I'm also enjoying this 50 degree weather too :)

Post a Comment