Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best Chocolate Cake Ever. Period.




Austin and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight because he won't be around on February 14th. I wanted to make a really decadent chocolate dessert. I wouldn't say my favorite dessert is cake so I rarely make them. And I definitely have never made one from scratch before. But there is something fancy about cake so I thought it would be a good thing to make for a fancy dinner at home. Out of all cakes chocolate is probably my least favorite (gasp! I know). But this one might very well change all that! It is so moist, rich, chocolaty and just incredible! I kinda wanted to cry a little the first bite I took. I couldn't believe I made it! Definitely keep this one in your recipe file!

Double Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm drooling...

Tiffany said...

I've been looking for an awesome homemade chocolate cake recipe. The first one I tried didn't turn out too great. Thanks for doing the work for me. Would this recipe make good cupcakes for EB's 1st bday party?
And can you start copying the recipes you share directly into the posts so I can quickly scan through them (including the link still).

Stephanie said...

I love that it has coffee in it. Coffee and chocolate together is pure magic.

brittanysblog said...

Yeah and I think the buttermilk is a secret ingredient as well. Makes the cake super moist! Yes I think this recipe could make cupcakes. Bet they would be amazing!

You really have to try this recipe! It is a bit of work and a lot of ingredients and steps, but if you want the best you have to work for it! And this cake is definitely worth it!

Post a Comment