Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tiffany's Garden: Transplants!!

Remember these guys from my seedlings post??


Look at them now!!


All grown up and on their own in the big world!


I'm so proud of them and myself I could cry! This was my first time trying to start a garden from seeds, and I really didn't think I could do it. I can barely keep my poor houseplants alive! 

I'm not sure if they'll all make it. My poor green beans aren't looking too happy :(   But, honestly, the whole experience is already one of the most satisfying things I've ever done! And to think they I might actually get to eat something they produce some day..SO amazing! 


And check out this amazing drip irrigation system, my wonderful husband's idea! No more dragging the hose around everyday. It's set up to automatically water my garden!

I had never even heard of it and didn't think I could have something so fancy. My husband showed me how to set it up, and it was so easy, anyone can do it with the right supplies.  I'm putting together a step-by-step tutorial to post soon.

I'll keep you updated throughout the Summer on how my plant-babies are doing. Hopefully I'll have some actual veggies to show you soon! I'll also be sharing any recipes I use them in, and maybe even some canning tips and recipes, if I get really ambitious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment