Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Plan: TT

I'm excited about getting back into planning out my goals for the week! It feels so great to give a purpose to each day so I know what to do with my "free time" while Lizzy is napping (which keeps getting shorter..we're working on that), to feel like I'm working everyday on my personal goals, and to know when my housework is "done" for the day. 

I found myself spending way too much time yesterday just thinking of all the things I wanted to do and all the different (countless, really) ways I could plan out the week. I'm working on a way to streamline that a bit...maybe at least a concrete plan for things I need to do on a regular basis like dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. I also want to make a weekly spreadsheet template. I'll keep you posted!

So here's what I have for this week:

Weeklong Personal Goals:
1. Put my hair half-back in the morning when I get ready instead of my standard ponytail.
2. Go for a jog twice this week around the neighborhood big block.
3. Do 50 sit-ups and 10 pushups everyday.
**I'm hoping to build on my personal goals category weekly and make these things part of my daily routine...starting very small!

Daily Household Goals:

Monday 10/25:  
1) Finish rearranging family room and living room
2) Dust and vacuum downstairs and basement
3) Wash baby laundry
4) Find recipes and make something with the ground meat thawed in the fridge (I'm thinking freezer burritos and crockpot meatloaf...I'll post the recipes of what I make tomorrow)
5) Make homemade granola (I'll post the recipe..it's the best thing ever..you'll never want to buy yucky store-granola again!)

Tuesday 10/26:
1) Clean and organize nursery
(BIG project..it's a disaster area right now..I'll post before and after pictures to keep me on task): buy storage bins/baskets for bookshelf. Assign items to each basket (make labels?). Sort through rest of clothes.  Organize closet. Spray paint ottoman. Paint mirror pink? Hang pictures, curtain hooks, and shelves (Daddy).  
2) Steam clean carpet and rug in nursery and staircase

Wednesday 10/27:
1) Clear out dining room (It's becoming a storage area and landing zone for all my unfinished craft projects..yuck!)
2) Research some design ideas for dining room..starting with colors for walls and curtains
3) Finish craft projects accumulating on dining room table.

Thursday 10/28:
1) Sweep and wash hardwood floors.
2) Clean bathrooms: Hang shower curtain and picture in guest bathroom.  Find curtain to hang in master bathroom?
3) Set up my "yoga room" in guest bedroom: Set up TV and DVD player, find place to store work-out videos.
4) Pack for Florida trip

Friday 10/29:
1) Completely finish packing, have car loaded and ready to go, travel outfits set-out
2) Make ready-to-go breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, snacks packed
3) Clean out car...de-stink from dog and that time I left the windows open in the rain (oops!)
4) Get gifts ready for overnight hosts
5) Give house a quickie once-over: vacuum, clean out fridge, wipe bathrooms

Saturday 10/30:**Relax,  we're on vacation!!
When I don't have a plan I feel like I'm either wasting time trying to figure what to do, and then get nothing done...or I get a ton of things done, but don't give myself credit for it. I'm so hard on myself, always feeling like I should be doing more and like my work is never done...which means I never allow myself to fully relax. I hope having a plan helps with that. 

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment