Saturday, October 23, 2010

Getting Started

Hey guys! I'm so excited about our plans for sharing how to help each other get our lives in order through the blog! I've been taking baby steps to get things going, but have made some great progress!!
As you know I completed my first craft for the month! A 5 year old could have done it but I was still very proud of myself! Because I had an idea and I made it happen!

Yes it was an easy craft but it was still a lot of fun! I figure starting small is probably better anyways so I don't get overwhelmed and feel I want to quit. Even walking around Micheal's was a big accomplishment for me! Those craft stores can intimidated me. But I felt just walking around and getting acquainted with the store was a big step.

My next project will be getting back into painting. And again I'm going to start with baby steps. I am first going to pull-out all my painting supplies and see what I have. Then my next step after that will be to go buy any needed supplies.

And guess what.. I'm taking a painting class this Friday! There is a place in downtown Summerville that is offering a discounted class for military! I'm looking forward to it!!

As far as my Financial stuff has been going this month (which was the other thing I was going to work on) My first babystep assignment for myself was to get better acquainted with our Mint.com page. I am going to get in the habit of looking at it everyday. I have also created a budget for myself. And tomorrow I am going to go to the library and pick up some books on finances.

I really am proud of myself! I decided to do something and Im sticking to it! And it feels really good! As Steph said, it "puts meaning into your everyday life"!

B

0 comments:

Post a Comment