Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Simple Blueberry Cream Biscuits Recipe

So long Blueberry Muffins!

Brittany found this recipe in a magazine for Blueberry Cream Biscuits and made them for Easter morning this past year. They were SO good.

It's such a simple recipe, it's something I easily would have passed by.

But I'm SO glad she didn't. They are one of my new favorite treats. I'll take these over blueberry muffins any day now. Plus they are so simple and take just a few minutes to throw together. I stick any extras in the freezer and pop them in the microwave for a few seconds if I need a little snack with my tea or to have something nice to serve if a friend stops by. 

I'll definitely be making these for years to come!

Blueberry Cream Biscuits

2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 t Baking Powder
2 T Sugar
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t nutmeg
1 cup Blueberries
1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Stir dry ingredients together. Toss in blueberries with the flour mixture. Stir in cream just until moist. Move dough to a floured surface and fold over a few times. Place on parchment lined or greased cookie sheet. Form dough to a 7-8 in. square about 1 inch think. Optional: Sprinkle with a little sugar before baking. Back 17-20 min.

0 comments:

Post a Comment