Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Free Halloween Cupcake Toppers and Party Printables

 
I'm really excited we were able to round up some friends to come over for Halloween this year! Every year after Trick-or-Treating is done, I'm always ready to hang out with friends and party, but most people usually have other things going on. Not this year! My two year old has a couple of her friends coming over and I cannot wait to see them dressed up and Trick-or-Treating.  
 
I'm keeping the food simple and making the family tradition of a crock pot full of Chili with all the fixin's, some Corn Chowder with Chilies, pumpkin bread (from the Trader Joe's mix..soo good) with homemade Sugar Free Slow cooker Apple Butter (so easy and SO good), maybe some homemade jalapeno bacon popcorn (my current pregnancy obsession!).
 
And, of course, cupcakes...mostly because I want to put out a display of cupcake with these adorable toppers:
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've been looking for a recipe for healthy cupcakes, so this is a perfect chance to try these Chocolate Cupcakes (Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free) with Yam Frosting (Update:  . If I get super ambitious I'd like to try these Grain-Free Pumpkin Cupcakes from Nourishing Meals. I will let you know how they turn out!


(Update: The Chocolate Cupcakes turned out really good chilled in the fridge (weren't that great straight out of the oven still warm). I don't know if they are my perfect healthy cupcake yet..but I'm so happy to be able to give them to my 2 year old as a super snack. I used raw cacao powder (sooo good!) instead of the cocoa powder, which is full of antioxidants, fiber, iron, and protein (Healthy chocolate! Too good to be true!). The coconut flour is a great source of protein, and the coconut oil is a healthy fat source. I get all my weird ingredients like that (and a ton of other things) at Vitacost.)

 
And, even more exciting, you can find the links to 65 other free Halloween printables HERE.
 
 
Here are some of my favorites:


 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Happy Halloween everybody!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment