Monday, September 10, 2012

It's here! It's here!


It’s time for fall! YESSSS!!!! I wait all year for the fall season. I feel like I really come alive this time of year! I cannot express to you enough how much I love absolutely everything about the fall, and I’m sure there will be plenty of posts on the way attempting to do just that…

My first fall candle of the season! I woke up so excited about fall this morning that I ran out special just to buy this candle because I could not wait to have my house filled with the scent of autumn!



Can’t you almost smell the cinnamon apple-y goodness?? This is a great scent I found at Pier One called Golden Apple Orchard.

But now, I thought I would take a minute to tell you about my moment of pure contentment.

There are few things I love more in this world then my afternoon tea/coffee break. When I’m having my afternoon break I like to take time to be quiet with myself. I turn the TV off and either look through a magazine, write in my journal, or do nothing at all besides sit outside and enjoy nature around me.

A lot of the time what I write on here are things I started to write about in my journal.
Things I think would be nice to share with my sisters. For example I think it would be nice to share with you some mindless pleasantries. Like how much I am enjoying sitting in the silence with yummy coffee, watching the flame of the candle beside me dance around in its little can. And through the windows I see big white fluffy clouds in the sky and the trees blowing wildly in the wind stirred up by all the recent storms in the area (...big deep sigh...)

I've learned that the most important thing I can do in my day is allow myself to have this little afternoon break. I make it almost mandatory. It helps to calm my mind and re-center. Otherwise I just keep spinning and spinning because there is always so much to do in any given day. Watching the wind blow through the trees is quite meditative. It reminds me of the important things in life, the little things, and getting myself all worked up and stressed out isn’t worth it. 

No matter what I have going on in my life, after my little afternoon breaks I always feel better. I feel lighter and calmer of mind. Most of the time I actually just keep my mind relatively blank. Which feel sooooo good. Kinda feels like I’m giving my brain a nice big stretch. I keep my thoughts away from anything negative or stressful, and if my mind does care to think about something, I make sure it’s light and happy. 

But right now, all I want to do is watch the wind blow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment